Wednesday 18 June 2014

This is for the bus drivers out there

So this is in honour of this photo Humans of New York posted of this guy with this caption:

I had just boarded an 86th Street Crosstown bus today when the driver got on the intercom and declared we were on the "Party Bus." During the 10 minutes I was on the bus, he told five jokes over the intercom, made everyone smile at the person to their left, and conducted a guessing game involving three-letter body parts. On two separate occasions he made everyone on the bus sing Happy Birthday in honor of passengers who had birthdays "coming up in the next couple weeks or so."

Link here:
https://www.facebook.com/humansofnewyork/photos/a.102107073196735.4429.102099916530784/345318412208932/?type=1&theater



Ok I've never had a bus driver this cool. How lovely is this guy??

Seriously?

But I've had some pretty top notch drivers in my life.
I'll give you a list of the nicest things bus drivers have done for me/the bus. And it's been pretty darn nice.

  • Waited for me outside my house while I got ready for school (He had gotten used to me being late and making my friend late too.)
  • And when I was really late, he'd wait for my friend and I while we ran to the bus stop in our chunky school uniform and my 300 bags that I carried. (Backpack, sportsgear, badminton racket, camera, change of clothes for afterwards and of course a 3kg bag for lunch)
  • Bought candy/chocolate everytime I or anyone on the bus fundraised for something
  • Makes sure I get to my house safely, then honks and waves goodbye as he continues his route
  • Makes the bus kneel and helps those in wheelchairs and using prams off the bus
  • Calls me gorgeous (but I've been told this is creepy so I'm catching a new bus but hey, a compliment never killed nobody)
  • I have been given an actual tour by a bus driver. They whole bus thoroughly enjoyed it.
  • When our bus drivers switched, the one coming on made us clap for the previous bus driver for doing such a good job.
  • Played The Best of Michael Jackson through the bus speakers. That was all I needed that night.
  • When my friend forgot money, he let her on the bus for free and gave her money for the bus ride home.
  • One was just a hipster. I genuinely couldn't deal with how exciting it was. I made up a rap about it with my friends.
  • BOUGHT THE BUS CHOCOLATES FOR CHRISTMAS!
So Bus Drivers.

I believe that you guys have one of the most major influences in peoples daily lives in the most minor way. 

  • You're often the first face a person interacts with or at least sees once they leave the house, and often the last when they go back home.
  • Which means you ensure how smoothly our day will start or end
  • We volunteer our safety completely into your hands
  • You're our tour guides when we're in a foreign land. Which means you now the place well. Which means you're a perfect example of a local in the town.
  • Which means if you have road rage, I won't want to move to the country as I'll probably have road rage too when I drive here especially as I would be a new driver in this country.
  • When you ask someone how they are doing, or just say hi when they get on the bus, it really makes their day. Especially after sitting in the rain.

But I just want to say thank you for doing all the things you didn't have to do (I mean seriously! Chocolates! Beautiful people) and getting me to places safely even though you're driving a massive bus that I fear will tip over every time you turn a corner.

P.S if you haven't been to NZ, then honey you have no idea how winding the roads these guys have to drive are. They are amazing!



Look at this Beast!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment